Forecasting Key Metrics
When planning a CSSD project, there are numerous metrics that must be evaluated to understand the “future” department’s capabilities. This is critical to complete during the planning phase as these metrics are directly impacted by equipment configurations/options. Examples of these metrics are listed below. The Belimed Blueprint team can provide analysis to ensure your CSSD is setup to achieve all goals/KPIs.
1. Processing throughput of instrument sets:
- Automation on equipment (load and unload)
- Large chamber equipment versus medium chamber
2. Operational costs associated with the CSSD equipment
- Water savings feature on the steam sterilizers (chilled water)
- House steam or integrated boilers?
3. Utility consumption forecasts
- LEED building certifications, green initiatives